Are you the kind of person who is able to stay on top of many important tasks at once? Do you enjoy contributing and supporting your team and have the type of enthusiasm others comment on? If so, our growing team is seeking a Purchasing Agent and this position may be a fit for you.
- Interface effectively with construction field supervisors, sales, vendors, subcontractors and management.
- Resolve invoice problems with Suppliers/Vendors.
- Review provided bid analysis and work with other internal team members to award contracts.
- Ensure all pricing is reflective of correct specifications, plans, and scopes.
- Work directly with Purchasing Manager to provide necessary support and analysis.
- Maintain data integrity
- Create, maintain, issue and monitor Purchase Orders and variances
- Maintain Supplier/Vendor information.
- Manage Rebate program.
- Knowledge and familiarity with blueprints, construction drawings and amends/change orders are required
- Review job cost from start to close and generate projected profit reports.
Successful candidate will possess:
- Proven ability to manage many moving parts in a professional setting with multiple ongoing priorities.
- Clear and concise communication with coworkers and trades.
- Ability to work efficiently and competently with numerous interruptions.
- Demonstrated experience taking initiative to get things done and accomplish tasks.
- Past experience in the home building or construction industry is a plus.
- Positive, enthusiastic attitude and strong work ethic.
- Proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word) and basic computer knowledge
- Able to pick up new software quickly. Knowledge of Newstar Suite a plus.
- Knowledge and familiarity with blueprints, construction drawings and addendums are required.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org